What is a supply of goods and services agreement?
The basics: A supply of goods and services agreement is a contract that outlines the terms under which goods / products and services are provided by a supplier to its customers. This is needed to clearly define how services will be performed, how goods will be delivered, and the obligations of both parties in relation to the goods and services provided. It will also need to include details of the liability accepted by the supplier if things go wrong.
How is it structured?: This supply of goods and services agreement template can be used to create a written contract between a customer and the supplier (that both parties will sign), or alternatively to produce a set of terms and conditions that the supplier can incorporate into its contract with customers in another way (e.g. by referring to those terms and conditions in its order forms). Where the terms and conditions option is used, please see our order form template which can be used to incorporate the terms and conditions into a contract with the customer.
Key provisions: Docue’s dynamic supply of goods and services agreement template covers, among other things, the following matters:
- Scope of supply: the template includes the ability to clearly define what goods and services are being provided, so there can be no dispute over what is expected to be provided to the customer;
- Delivery details: key details relating to the delivery of the goods (such as when and where they will be delivered) can be set out in the template;
- Supplier undertakings: the key obligations relating to how the goods are to be supplied and how the services will be performed are included;
- Consumer protections: if the goods and services are being provided to individual consumers, it is a requirement of consumer protection laws in the UK that certain protections are offered to consumers in contracts. This supply of goods and services agreement template includes those protections where you select the option that the customers include consumers;
- Faulty goods: provisions can be included that set out what happens when faulty goods are provided;
- Supplier’s liability: if you are the supplier, the sale of goods and services agreement template includes optional clauses to include limitations and exclusions on your liability and potential financial exposure, in the event that there is a claim by a customer under the contract relating to the goods and services; and
- Termination rights: a section can be included that sets out each party’s right to bring the agreement to an end early.
When should I use this supply of goods and services agreement template?
When to use: Alongside the sale of goods, the template allows for the sale of one-off, ongoing or recurring services to the customer. It is suitable for use with both consumers (B2C) and businesses (B2B). It should not be used where the trader is only selling either goods or services; this template is designed for a mixture of the two. This supply of goods and services agreement should be used where the trader is either selling goods and services:
- in their store
- over the phone or
- at some other location (for example, the customer's premises).
This supply of goods and services agreement template assumes that both the customer and the business supplying the goods (the supplier or service provider) are based or are incorporated in the UK, and that English law applies to the contract.
What if only services are being provided?: if only services are being provided and no goods, then our template services agreement should be used instead of this supply of goods and services agreement template.
What if only goods are being provided?: If only goods are being supplied and not services, then our template supply of goods agreement should be used instead of this supply of goods and services agreement template.
What if the sale is being made online? If the goods are being sold online (e.g through the supplier’s website), then our template online terms for the sale of goods should be used instead of this supply of goods agreement template.
Hand-crafted by lawyers: Docue’s supply of goods and services agreement template is lawyer-made, lawyer-maintained, and has lawyer-crafted guidelines to steer you through every stage of drafting an agreement which is right for your business.
Simple to use: Docue allows you to create, customise, sign, store, and manage your agreements all in one place. Simply click through the intelligent tick box options and text box answers and you’ll have a comprehensive, tailored, and ready-to-use supply of goods and services agreement template in no time.
Tags: sale of goods and services, supply of goods and services agreement, supply of goods and services contract, supply of products and services