What is this sales agreement template?
The basics: A sales agreement is a contract that outlines the terms under which goods / products are sold by a supplier to its customers. It should clearly define how goods will be delivered, and the obligations of both parties in relation to the goods provided. It will also need to include details of the liability accepted by the supplier if things go wrong.
How is it structured?: This sales agreement template can be used to create a written contract between a customer and the supplier (that both parties will sign), or alternatively to produce a set of terms and conditions that the supplier can incorporate into its contract with customers in another way (e.g. by referring to those terms and conditions in its order forms).
Key provisions: Docue’s dynamic sales agreement template covers, among other things, the following matters:
- Scope of sale: the sales agreement template includes the ability to clearly define what goods / products are being sold, so there can be no dispute over what is expected to be provided to the customer;
- Delivery details: key details relating to the delivery of the goods (such as when and where they will be delivered) can be set out in the template;
- Supplier undertakings: the key obligations relating to how the goods are being sold and the supplier’s obligations in relation to its supply are included;
- Consumer protections: if the goods are being provided to individual consumers, it is a requirement of consumer protection laws in the UK that certain protections are offered to consumers in contracts. This sales agreement template includes those protections where you select the option that the customers include consumers;
- Faulty goods: provisions can be included that set out what happens when faulty goods are provided;
- Supplier’s liability: if you are the supplier, the sales agreement template includes optional clauses to include limitations and exclusions on your liability and potential financial exposure, in the event that there is a claim by a customer under the contract relating to the goods; and
- Termination rights: a section can be included that sets out each party’s right to bring the sales contract to an end early.
When should I use this sales agreement template?
When to use: These terms can be used with both consumers (B2C) and businesses (B2B). This sales agreement should be used where the trader is either selling goods:
- in their store
- over the phone or
- at some other location (for example, the customer's premises).
This sales agreement template assumes that both the customer and the business supplying the goods (the supplier or service provider) are based or are incorporated in the UK, and that English law applies to the contract.
What if services are being provided as well?: If services are being provided by the supplier alongside the sale of goods, then our template for the supply of goods and services should be used instead of this sales agreement template.
What if the sale is being made online? If the goods are being sold online (e.g through the supplier’s website), then our template online terms for the sale of goods should be used instead of this sales agreement template.
Drafted by lawyers: Docue’s sales agreement template is lawyer-made, lawyer-maintained, and has lawyer-crafted guidelines to steer you through every stage of drafting an agreement which is right for your business.
Simple to use: Docue allows your business to create, customise, sign, store, and manage your agreements all in one place. Simply click through the intelligent tick box options and text box answers and you’ll have a comprehensive, tailored, and ready-to-use services agreement template in no time.
Full contract management process: Once you have created a contract that is tailored to your business needs, you can send the contract to each of the parties for e-signing. After the contract is signed, you can store the agreement in Docue’s storage vault to ensure you always have quick and easy access to your contracts in one place. You can ensure you never miss a contract renewal again by enabling Docue’s handy reminders to notify yourself of the next upcoming deadline.
Tags: sales agreement template, sales agreement, sales contract, sale of goods, sale of products, product terms, contract for the sale of goods